Airport Transit Visas
Airport Transit Visas for Germany are required by nationals of the following countries (please refer to the list of exceptions below, as highlighted by the * asterisks):
|Pakistan||Somalia||South Sudan||Sri Lanka|
Nationals of the above mentioned countries Do NOT require an airport transit visa if
- they possess a valid visa for the UK, Ireland, Japan, Canada, USA, Romania, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Lichtenstein) or
- they are a partner (married, common-law or same sex) or child of an EU/EEA/EFTA national and hold a British "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National" or
- they are holders of diplomatic passports or
- they are in possession of a valid visa for a Member State of the EU, Canada, Japan or the United States of America, or when they return from these countries after having used the visa
Exceptions (see numbers above for specific country):
*1 Turkish holders of Service and Official passports do NOT require an Airport Transit Visa for Germany.
*2 Jordan nationals do NOT require an Airport Transit Visa if:
- a) they have a visa for Australia, Israel or New Zealand and a confirmed flight ticket or bording card for the flight to this country. The exception is only valid for this trip from Jordan to the countries listed above.
- b) and after their stay in the countries mentioned above for the return to Jordan with a confirmed flight ticket or boarding card and the transit time in Germany does not exceed 12 hours.
IMPORTANT: All other nationalities can travel without an Airport Transit Visa if they have a confirmed flight ticket ("OK") and under the condition that the airport in Germany has an international transit area (only Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg and Cologne) and that they do not change Terminals. Otherwise a normal transit visa must be obtained before starting the trip.